Thursday, April 17, 2008

A moment

I hope everyone took a moment yesterday to remember those Hokies lost last year. The weather was beautiful and I spent time playing tag and hide n seek with WeeOne ... it made me think about the parents of those killed and the special kind of loss they will feel forever. What a shame.

On my way home from my chiropractic appointment yesterday I had another moment. (Have I mentioned how my back is 100% better and my leg just has a little surface numbness left? LOVE to the chiro.) The windows were down, the sun was shining, and a song I hadn't heard in a long time came on. (Higher Love by Steve Winwood) It was just a perfect moment of weather + radio + driving. I was singing along and got to a part of the song and just couldn't sing.

"I could light the night up with my soul on fire
I could make the sun shine from pure desire
Let me feel that love come over me
Let me feel how strong it could be"

I was overwhelmed with a feeling of letting go and rebirth ... and that choking feeling in your chest & throat that signals tears are coming. They didn't come but the feeling was amazing. I really think I'm going to be okay now. I worried that the failed IVF and realization that it was highly unlikely we would have more children would hit me hard and linger. Instead I feel like I can end that chapter of my life and move on to one that is just as good. Call it what you want but the whole thing was too spiritual to be ignored. Spring has sprung and rebirth is everywhere.

A different kind of moment followed with the next song, and I apologize to anyone who might have witnessed it. While driving the rest of the way home I was 'bringing sexy back' and getting 'my sexy on', but I promise i didn't let anyone see 'what I'm twerkin' with'. What is it about that song?

Oh, and don't tell John, but I'm unsure about his new song "Say" ... perhaps it'll grow on me.

1 comment:

Nana Sadie said...

THIS post sent smiles all over me!
I'm delighted you're feeling better.
((((Hugs))))