Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ahoy! Knitting Content ahead!

My no-new-yarn in 2008 is going quite well and I have been doing some great projects from stash. I've only bought one skein of yarn to finish a project. It's shocking how large my stash is especially now that I'm 'shopping' it. I was almost derailed last week when I took my mom to a new LYS in her area. There were so many yarns I had never seen/felt/sniffed in person and had a hard time NOT buying Euroflax, MerLin, and more EcoWool. (not to mention colorway #2009 in Silk Garden Lite ... lime & purple.)
I still have not felted my Noni Medallion bag. I had a nightmare one night that the pink was superwash and haven't been the same since. I'll be felting it this week or weekend and purchasing the hardware & handles next time DH gets paid.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I did use up the left over pink yarn to make this awesome neckwarmer from StormMoonKnits. I need to wash, block, and put on the buttons ... which I need to find in my craft stash. I purchased a bunch of very cool pewter buttons from Ram's Horn a couple of years ago, including these.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.More felting anyone? Here's my progress on a fair isle tote, found via Ravelry. I'm using yarns that were in a kit for another felted bag done with random stripes. I think this is a much better use of the yarn.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And finally, my Chunky Highland Wool Wrap (a.k.a. the Hobbit wrap). The color is more accurate in the outdoor pic where it looks more gray than being. An hysterical discussion one knit night involving much merriment about an Eye of Sauron shawl and One Shawl to Rule Them All has turned into a group on Ravelry with 4 KALs and 4 CALs. (and me being a moderator) I'm not sure how it happened but I definitely blame Stephanie. I'll be knitting 2 more shawls in addition to the above Chunky ... the Woodland Shawl and the Celtic Knot Stole. Guess I should start learning how to wear shawls AND find a couple of cool shawl pins somewhere.


On a side note ... let it be known that Varmint Battle 2008 has begun. What once was a lovely, leafy patch of Italian Flat Leaf Parsley was turned into green sticks by something ... rabbit? herd of small rodents? aliens? And so it begins.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Nice projects...you know I had to buy that Noni pattern, I love yours so much!
It may not work with wool, but if you clean out your hair brush and put it around your parsley they are supposed to leave it alone!

Nana Sadie said...

OHHHHHHHHHH. I love love love that Fair Isle Tote! You, you, you...enabler, you!
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

what shawl rules them all?? Sounds dangerous. Shouldn't that be thrown in firey pit of BBQ inthe back yard??

Anonymous said...

d.....t, don't have your e-mail. thanks for dropping by and for your encouraging words. One of the things I have learned is to share hard lessons with others. catie