Sunday, December 21, 2008

the Weekend

DH fixed the leak in the bathtub after coming up with many different plans. At one point he was going to replace everything from the shut off valves up but decided to start with the stems & washers and see if that fixed it. Thankfully that seems to have done the job and in the process I got a nice new shower head as well. DH selected an EcoFlow shower head that has a pause button so I can reduce/cut off the water at the shower head while soaping up, etc. It also detaches so I can rinse off the walls after cleaning instead of using a plastic cup. The hose is long enough that I will be able to use it for rinsing kids & dogs too. Whoo hoo!

I managed to get the tree up and 90% decorated. There's one more box upstairs with the tree skirt and a few other things in it that needs to be brought down. At least I got it done before Christmas Eve. Hopefully tomorrow this will help bring back my Christmas mood and I will get the rest of the stuff done. Unfortunately I still haven't finished Christmas shopping or shipping and may just have to wait until after Christmas to get the rest of the stuff out. Ah well, it just hasn't been a bright month for me.

I'm starting to feel better in general which I assume has to do with getting the anemia under control. Last I had some blood work done and came back very anemic. The nurse suggested 2 varieties of supplements and to up my read meat intake if I can. After a couple of days I did some research and figured out the best time to take the pill (mid-morning, empty stomach) and what to take it with (OJ, V-8 juice, anything with Vitamin C ... nothing with Calcium). I have a regular 2 week OB visit this week and more blood tests next week so hopefully I'll hear good news then. I can't believe I only have 9.5 weeks left. If Boy#2 comes early like Boy#1 did, then I really only have about 7 weeks left. We've got lots of work to do around the house to get ready. I've got some major shuffling to do in our bedroom and need to continue to sort through and wash clothing, diapers, etc. Thankfully I've got arrangements made for C for the actual birth and a couple of folks to help out in the 2 weeks after that I'm not suppose to drive. I know they tell you not to drive for 2 weeks after birth and I understand the concern, but how many of you ladies out there actually did that? I did the first time but things are more complicated this time around.

No comments: