Monday, September 01, 2008

Update - Double Points

Double Points:

What can I say? Things are not looking good craft-wise. I entered the Ravelympics with the hope of wiping out my UFOs and WIPs as well as starting a Baby Surprise Jacket and spinning up a good chunk of fiber. Life intervened and I actually only ended up finishing 1 project. I did get all of the UFOs/WIPs together with all of their necessary finishing materials and have continued to work on them. It's a start. I need to get in gear and blow through some of those lingering thing so I can start on the winter weather knitting for WeeOne & myself. Sweaters, hats, mittens, etc.
* In other home related things I did manage to can a bunch of jams, jellies, etc. I was given a bunch of crab apples and made jelly & butter. Then I moved on to Ginger Peach Jam. Yum! Most recently I had the opportunity to get my hands on a bunch of Concord Grapes ... a big bunch ... a huge bunch. Whew! Thankfully I made it through the sorting process and canned up some grape jelly and will do 1 batch of Grape Cranberry Preserves when cranberries start appearing at the store. I'd still like to do some pickled green beans, pickled carrots, and corn relish as well as freezing some corn, pumpkin, and apple crisp filling. A very generous friend brought her spare dehydrator down to the house a couple weeks ago so I'll be dehydrating some green peppers, onions, corn, carrots, fall greens, potatoes, celery, herbs, and apples.

Next week I'll be starting The Holiday Grand Plan as well as getting back into A Day in My Life and Independence Days. It's good to be back.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Canning, I'm impressed. The jams sound wonderful especially the ginger peach, got some to sell? ;) I need to be so industrious!